Chevron Corporation SharePoint and Search Developer in Makati, Philippines
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of [[title]] located in [[filter5]] , [[filter4]] /[[filter3]] through January 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The End User Solutions Asset team supports the enterprise-wide deployment of different platforms and applications (such as SharePoint, Enterprise Search, Yammer, and Project Server) which facilitates collaboration and enhanced productivity that helps to enable Chevron to effectively manage information through its entire lifecycle, as well as improving collaboration within the company and with external partners. The successful candidate for this position will benefit from learning different technologies within the End User Solutions Asset (EUSA) organization and how it is being utilized throughout the enterprise, as well as broad exposure to multiple business partners across the globe. EUSA is also one of the first organizations heavily involved in the forefront of Chevron’s shift to the cloud, with the SharePoint Next project in full swing. This role also offers immersion into EUSA’s operational and change management processes and to strengthen their ITIL/ITSM proficiency.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Application Development & Integration: This position provides project support and consulting for implementing, operating, maintaining, enhancing, testing and integrating enterprise roadmap collaboration solutions, primarily focused on the Global SharePoint Service (GSPS) and related technologies within the Collaboration & Search product tower. These include out of the box SharePoint Designer and native SharePoint UI, automation scripts used for installation, configuration and migration of content across on-premise and cloud solutions, deploying the SharePoint App Model, Manage Metadata & Search Services, and applying information retention and auto archiving functionality. Captures requirements and translates them into technical solutions. Determine and document the solution design, including all development tasks that are necessary to address all applicable requirements.
• Ensures solutions adhere to technology standards including, but not limited to coding, platform and architecture standards. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs. Understands application development methodologies, patterns, services, and object oriented design.
• Platform Support: Manage the build of on-premise SharePoint platforms.
• Facilitate operational assurance knowledge transfer with operations team for services moving to production. Works with operations team to troubleshoot incidents or provide level 3 support when required.
• Business Consulting: Translate business partner requirements and processes into effective SharePoint solutions. Configure, design, develop and test SharePoint Solutions, web parts, workflows and InfoPath forms in order to improve business processes.
Strong customer focus. Advocates operational excellence by proactively doing a step ahead of what the customers need, thus, thinking and initiating process improvements.
Good verbal communication skills and has the ability to work in a global team.
Flexible and willing to work outside his/her comfort zone.
• Ability to design and document a custom solution.
• Ability to evaluate and design implementations for 3rd party tools.
• Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems.
• Ability to make clear, data-driven decisions based on available information.
• Experience developing enterprise applications in C#/.NET Framework.
• Experience with a scripting language such as PowerShell, Perl, VBScript.
• Competency with Visual Studio.
• Competency with SQL Server and writing & running SQL queries.
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and web services.
• Experience with Agile/SCRUM Development Practices.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, work in a team environment, understand and be responsive to project needs, and work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and understandable manner both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with global teams.
Strong analytical, interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Applying knowledge of IS policies, standards, and procedures to work activities with own initiative
• Working to priorities set by manager; self-directed within broad guidelines
• 2+ years of experience designing and implementing solutions using the Microsoft technology stack.
• SharePoint 2013 & SharePoint Online / O365
• Windows Server 2012 / IIS 8
• SQL Server 2012
• 1+ years of experience building & configuring multi-server SharePoint farms using PowerShell.
• 1+ years of experience designing, developing and implementing enterprise class solutions on SharePoint.
• Competence with a source control repository or basic knowledge of TFS.
• Knowledge of SharePoint farm architecture & topology.
• Experience with SharePoint APIs.
• Server Side OM
• REST APIs
• Experience with developing and deploying apps using the SharePoint App Model.
• Experience with leading edge Microsoft technology stack.
• Experience implementing test automation and continuous integration.
• Experience with other programming languages and non-Microsoft platforms.
• Security and Authentication technologies
• SDLC, Agile/Scrum
• Business Analytics , business intelligence
• Documentum; Other Document Management systems
• Web Publishing systems
• Business Analysis
• Requirements Analysis
• Consulting Experience
Relocation Options :
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.