Chevron Corporation Fabrication Intern 1 in Pascagoula, Mississippi
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Fabrication Intern located in Pascagoula, Mississippi through December 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
· Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the Managing Safe Work and Operational Excellence Management System, and Chevron Way Behaviors.
· Partner with local Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Mentor to reinforce training and strengthen competency.
· Other duties as assigned.
. This position requires driving on a routine basis.
· Must have completed an Associates of Applied Science Technology Degree in Pipefitting and/or Pipewelding a graduation date between December 2018 - December 2019.
· Must provide proof of enrollment and graduation date in applicant's online profile.
· Must have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
· Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and an aptitude for learning new software applications.
· Ability and willingness to work weekends and holidays based on assigned work schedule.
· Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination, as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
· Must have a valid Driver's License
· Graduate of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Pipefitting and/or Welding Program.
· Graduate of a Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorsed College Pipefitting and/or Welding Program.
· Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and process related issues.
· Familiar with Pipefitting, Pipewelding, Exchangers, Boilermaker.
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
· Prefer a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
If selected to participate in the Chevron IAB on-line test, you will be required to take the following battery of tests:
Industrial Information Test
Measures the ability to read, understand, and use information in graphs, charts, tables, and written passages to solve problems.
Mechanical Aptitude Assessment
Measures the ability to apply general mechanical principles to understand and solve problem situations.
Workplace Attitude and Behavior Inventory
Measures personal characteristics important to success in the job applied for.
You will be immediately directed to the testing portal upon submittal of your application, at which point you will have 72 hours to complete the on-line assessment. The duration of the assessment is approximately 2 hours. The assessment can also be accessed from your Chevron profile under “Job Management” or via the link sent to your email.
Your assessment score will be valid for 365 days from the day you complete your on-line assessment.
Chevron's tests are focused on industrial aptitudes. However, Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test preparation guides may be helpful in preparation for these tests. Candidates should focus on mechanical aptitude, reading comprehension, understanding information in tables and graphs, and understanding industrial math.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.