Cisco Pre-Sales Systems Engineer - Security in RTP, North Carolina
Why you'll love Cisco?
Cisco is the #1 Best Place to Work in the World!
What You'll Do
Ever wondered what it would be like to immerse yourself in the ocean of major technology disruptions in the world today? What if you could be rewarded for being at the epicenter of helping to drive the sales of one of the largest pioneers of the Internet on our planet?
Imagine having a meeting using Telepresence with your customer who is somewhere around the world and yet you talk the same language: technology. The next day, working from home, you could help your customers achieve results - making their business more productive, improving vital communication systems to help facilitate delivery.
In your role as Security System Engineer you will partner with our Virtual Sales Specialists in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions. You will support selected Cisco customers in an assigned geography. You will participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Teams and provide consultative support in your area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
In the end, the outcome is: help people, connect lives and change the world - that’s what we do.
Who You'll Work With
As a member of the Systems Engineering team within the Global Virtual Sales and Engineering organization, you will be part of one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales teams and the talent engine for Cisco Sales. This is a diverse and motivated team that consistently delivers profitable growth.
We are a dynamic and international team that brings excitement to the sales floor every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better. We will provide you with a platform for success including: coaching, training and on-the-job learning that will strongly support you in your career advancement.
You will discover an innovative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technologies to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams adapt quickly in response to market changes and we are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
Are you passionate about technology and how it can affect positive change? We look for change-makers able to work in a complex environment, constantly improving things for communities and enterprises by designing technical solutions. You are a clear example of collaboration and put great importance on interpersonal relationships.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
• You have major on Computer Science, Electrical/Computer/Network Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics
• You have general industry knowledge around security, Cisco security portfolio knowledge is highly preferred
• You have experience on selling network and security solutions, such as Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, security software solutions
• Industry knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications
• Competitive knowledge (in area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Understands the value of Scripting, Software and Everything as a Service.
• Innate curiosity and eagerness to learn; Ease in embracing complexity and a natural team player
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything - people, process, data and things- and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more- from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco References
Visible links 1. https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces-international/world-s-best-workplaces/2019
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.