Chevron Corporation Social Media Strategist in San Ramon, California
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Social Media Strategist located in San Ramon, California through June 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• The Social Media Strategist guides the use of social media for Chevron in corporate communications campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, as well as in consulting to key internal business partners and local lines of business on social media opportunities best suited for their stakeholder engagement needs.
• The role encompasses all aspects of social media (channels, audiences, best practices, content development, community management, publishing, reporting/metrics) and social media management and reporting tools (Sprinklr, Opal, Spredfast, Brandwatch, Sysomos, Crimson-Hexagon, native platform insights).
• This role requires the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and deliverables in a fast-paced environment, and strong project management skills; it requires someone with a keen attention to detail, strong strategic capabilities and the ability to build the right relationships.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 5 years of directly related experience
• Self-starter and innovator with a desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment; you love running with things and can handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and keeping key stakeholders updated on progress, opportunities and issues
• Extensive experience in social media: Knowledge of channels, audiences, community management, best practices, employee activation and advocacy on social media, rolling out social media programs or campaigns, internal social media best practices, supporting executives on social media, social media training, etc.
• Social media strategy: Understanding of the strategic intent of building branded social media communities in support of business outcomes, the value of social media to the business and stakeholder engagement, and how to build engaged communities that advocate for the business and promote positive sentiment.
• Content and communication skills: Ability to create, curate and coordinate engaging social content for audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn; ability to write and communicate clearly and free of jargon and explain complex topics and issues in a simple, snackable format; strong verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated digital curiosity: Desire for continuous learning, consistently researching and developing a point of view on relevant channels (current and emerging); ability to identify and recommend opportunities to leverage relevant emerging channels and understand what's fit for purpose for the business. You naturally invest time online and stay up-do-date on what’s new, innovative and useful; you use social media in your personal life too
• Ability to manage multiple agency partners and give clear direction that results in an excellent product
• A plus would be that you have experience in the energy industry or extractive industry, but that’s not mandatory
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.